The E-learning Network of Australasia (ElNet) is an independent community of e-learning professionals working in the e-learning industry. Our members come from a range of corporate, government and educational organisations throughout Australia and New Zealand. ElNet provides a means for professionals to interact, collaborate and develop their knowledge in e-learning technologies and best practices.
ElNet is focused on addressing the unique needs of the e-learning industry in Australia and New Zealand. While keeping up with developments on an international level, ElNet targets its news, resources, events and opportunities to professionals in Australasia.
ElNet aims to:
Provide a forum for:
- information sharing
- research and development
- expertise building
- networking and relationship building, and
- online networking.
- communication and collaboration between higher education institutions and the industry
- industry research and development projects
- the application of international e-learning developments and initiatives to the Australasian e-learning industry
- special interest groups, for example instructional design
- contribute to the development of e-learning design and quality standards
- provide a hub of information, resources, online discussion and learning.
Longer-term aims of ElNet may be to:
- encourage the development, distribution and export of local Australasian e-learning content and technology
- hold an annual conference to focus on current e-learning issues, trends and developments.
You can view ElNet's charter here
Forums and events
Get your questions answered by the experts, while getting an edge on the latest trends and practices from all over the world. ElNet holds regular events where you can meet up with industry leaders and specialists. These events also give you the opportunity to connect with a large network of active professionals in your field.
We believe you need to practise what you preach, so supporting an online community where our members can collaborate and learn from each other virtually, anytime, from anywhere, is one of our priorities. Log in to a wide variety of special interest groups, or just hop into the main forum for a quick peek at the latest and greatest. What are the innovators in e-learning talking about today?
Be aware and be informed. ElNet provides up-to-date news bytes on events, conferences, funding opportunities, success stories, and more. So make a regular pit stop at the ElNet site and you'll never miss out on the professional opportunities springing up all over Australia and New Zealand.
Professional development is critical in a field that's changing at light speed. ElNet members have actively expressed their interest in opportunities for building their skill base. That's why we're currently looking at government and industry support for hands-on workshops, advanced seminars, and visits by internationally recognised leaders in the field. If you have any suggestions or can help us to make this happen, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org